We Offer 3 Class Types
Details On All Classes Are Below
Gift Certificates Available!!!
choose a class, register on form, pay deposit… Last Minute? Call 864-613-2211]
1. Scheduled Classes Thursday and Saturday – for all age groups. Children’s projects using similar materials are available with many of these sessions at a reduced rate so you can participate and engage your kids.
2. “Paint Parties” Your Choice of Project and Dates- choose anything from the menu below or order your own custom projects. Step By Steps AVAILABLE AT ANY TIME for your club, work or church group, birthdays, girl’s night out… . If you are interested in scheduling a private party—PLEASE fill out the form/pay deposit below. (refundable if Gateway cancels)
WE DO KIDS PARTIES! or call 864-613-2211
3. Lessons- Adults or Children –Drawing, Painting, Coiled Basketry, Wood Burning
Class Fee or Group Deposit
Sat June 15 1-3 pm $25
LIFE DRAWING with a live model [no nudity]
This Model is scheduled for continuous sessions for those who want to hone their skills on and on-going basis. All skill levels welcome; Come prepared to and have fun. MATERIALS: Bring a drawing pad and graphite; #2 and #4 pencils; smudge sticks and gum erasers. Gesture warm ups & review.
Thurs June 20 12-2 pm $25
Bring a starter set of tube paint, mixed media pad and several source photos; Learn tools, mediums, color mixing/building a palette. Private lessons available
Sat June 22 1-3 pm $25
‘WINE A BIT’ GLASS PAINTING
Two glasses and bake-able dishwasher safe paint provided. Kids 11 and under can paint flat glass for 12.50. Lettering and other stencils and traceable patterns provided or bring your own.
Thursday June 27 6-8 pm $25 3 hours
Do this Quote or use your own. Materials provided includes hardware for hanging, hhoks for leashes and toys.
TO BE Scheduled OR Paint Party Options…..
Good for Birthday, Holiday and Bridal Parties; Class or Family Reunions; Newcomers; Girls Day or Night Out; Clubs, Church or Work Groups; Kitchenette available. These projects are longer and more complex than the Fun and Easy projects further down.
“Special Memories“ [photo collage on free standing panels ] You bring : 6 photos and labels, stamps, ticket stubs, cards etc. from a special event or trip…We provide: scanner/printer for composite prints, ink; 3 -6 x 6 panels, paint, glue; stamps, found objects, quotes, textures and patterned papers $40 2-3 hours
“My EScape”[painting] You bring: a land, sea or city photo from a trip or just from your backyard and we create a fanciful rendering for your personalized work of art. Advance notice required for development.
Materials Provided 11 x 14 canvas. $25 2 hrs
Venetian Flower Vases-
[painting/stencils] Old world charm makes this project stand out. Choose from three patterns, cut your own stencil and paint! We provide a textured canvas; paint; brushes and sealer
$25 2 hrs
A Little Birdie Told Me- [fabric printing] 3d All materials provided: dryers, fabric, colorful dyes, stamps, inks, buttons, beads, sticks and paint. $25 2-3 hrs
Van Gogh Flowers Folded Paper Painting 3hrs $35 Materials Provided. Use heavy paper stock to create a 3d image of a Van Gogh-Like flower vase.
Kids can try this on a smaller scale- $5
Found Object Mosaics– bring any metal, glass or other solid object to use with tile and glass $35 3 hours
For 10.00 kids use beans to create a symmetrical design on a wood base
‘Painting’ with Live Moss-
Bring your own succulents if desired- all other materials provided. Explore the colors and textures of natural materials while creating a living work of art. Hang or place as a center piece on a shaded porch or keep inside. We supply an array of foraged and dried moss, lichen and air plants; barks, knotty twigs; prepared wood frame [ave. size 14 x 18] Due to the prep time and materials this class is $40 but worth it.
Cut Paper Shadow Painting- Design suggestions, paper, base, exacto knives provided.
Boxes or Glass Bottles- All materials provided: hat box quality cardboard or decorative bottle/cork; crossword puzzles, dictionary and thesaurus or sheet music; decorative and tissue paper, stencils and decoupage mix $25 2-3 hours
“Paper Dream Catchers” All materials provided: wire, paper, ribbon, glass beads for an 8″ dream catcher in your favorite colors or patterns $25
“Japanese Koi Pond” –All materials provided: Easy and beautiful $25
Always available; 12.50 per hour; One on one or groups……
CALL TO RESERVE A DATE AND TIME
1) Home School or After School Basic Art Classes Basic lessons: Review art history and artists of note; Learn different mediums and tools; k-12 one hour 15.00 All materials provided.
2) Painting 101– acrylic or oil—- start from the beginning Choosing equipment; Color mixing; Surface prep; Subject matter; Composition; Bring your own materials [paint starter set in tubes, inexpensive brush pack, watercolor or mixed media paper. 12-up 2 hour sessions $25.00
3) Basic Drawing 101 – Advanced Drawing Also Available Tools, Surfaces, Perspective, Line, Shape, shading. Bring Sketchbook and choice of drawing tools. Ages 12-up 2 hour sessions $25.00
4) Painting with Charcoal Learn new techniques that are useful to expand your work in own medium. Testimonials available.
5) Photo Editing for Painting one on one or groups. Learn to find good sources and that great composition you need to start; cropping; select filters and applications to assist. Bring your device.
6) Art Interns Ages 16-up If art is your chosen field, learn the basics of show production; standard requirements; planning; reception prep and record keeping. You will receive a personal exhibit in our community room. Teach camp and earn a percentage of the total income.
2 Hour Easy and Fun ART PROJECTS
PERFECT FOR: Birthday, Holiday and Bridal Parties; Class or Family Reunions; Newcomers; Girls Day or Night Out; Clubs, Church or Work Groups; Kitchenette available. During any session, children are welcome to paint a Pet Rock or 2 Tissue Roll Animals $5 for supplies and instruction.
Seasonal Art Projects
Sparkling Christmas Bulbs This stunning painting uses transparent acrylic medium to create a translucent gift or decoration.
Rolled Paper Christmas Trees 3d free standing tree made of recycled book pages. Add mini lights!
A Winter Forest Exaggerated shapes and glitter make this project a fun group party.
Fall Leaves Use the colors of the season to make a masterpiece!
Crazy Flower Garden Ages 5 through 95 – this is just a fun class! Variations are available for younger children.
Eagle Flag and Fireworks Celebrate patriotism on Memorial day, Veterans day or 4th
Hillside Houses– A colorful fantasy painting of houses perched on a hill wherever in the world. Whatever colors you like go together here!
Oconee County Farm- Rolling crop rows and nestled farm houses come to life! Everyday sights become art.
‘EScape’ A Custom Land/Sea/City-scape our artists simplify on a canvas from your own vacation, backyard or garden photo. Use this linear technique and your imagination take over.
Bird Nests 8×10 Stencils, sponges and brushes make this lifelike rendition of a backyard discovery.
Water Lilies A relaxing painting of beautiful flowers anyone can do.
Red Barns Go all abstract or get into the details- either way, the results will surprise you.
Mysterious Forest A forest in winter with layers of branches and fun splatters. 7 & up
Various Custom Designed Horse Paintings Use stencils to get the dimensions and go from there! The Barn Horse; T he Gray Horse or The Stallion
Pole Pelicans Use a stencil, charcoal and paint. Be prepared to work but the final results will impress your family, friends and YOU! 3 + hours
Iridescent Koi Stencil available. Wax paper, ink and alcohol create glimmering fish in a vibrant pond. Delicate Japanese style composition.
Broken or Stained Glass Technique We take your choice of image and break it into facets that are painted in gradients of color, divided by black or contrasting lines. Simple but pretty.
Retro Macramé Wall Hangings– 18×24” $35