Informal “Art Group”
Tuesday 10 am – 12 pm
Bring what you have- no matter what it is and we can work together to finish it. Some supplies available in house. Experienced artist leaders will be on hand to help. $7 fee applies.
“Basic Drawing And Painting Lessons”
Tuesday 1 pm – 3 pm (also avail mornings)
Start or finish. In-depth individualized instruction. Learn the tools, mediums and techniques to improve your artwork. $25 2 hours.
“Sip and Dip Debut”
with Barbara Bayliss
“WATERLILIES” March 1st 6-8pm
Workshop Regular $25 per person or Member $20 members per person —-2-3 hours class duration- completed project at session end —— Palette & materials provided. —- You are welcome to bring your own supplies if you like. Register on contact form at the end of this page/ pay in person.
Art Class Expo-Try Your Hand!!
Saturday, February 24 11 am – 1 pm
Intsruction. Demonstrations. Illustrations. Make something to take. Find your niche. $20 LUNCH: Potato and Corn Chowder with Ham served with Cheese Quesadillas; Cookies, Sweet Tea and Coffee
- Landscape Painting Monica Leaning oil, acrylic, pastels Expo Demo- Landscapes Take home- Postcards Workshop: Landscapes Three Ways
- Line Drawing Melody Davis drawing and acrylic painting Expo Demo and Take Home- Perspective Drawing Classes: Basic Drawing and Painting
- Paper Making Jim Bandy photographer Demo and try your hand at this technique Class: Paper Making for Collage & Photograph Prints
- Ice Printing On Fabric Bonnie Ouellette art quilter Demo and Take Home-Printmaking for Fabric and Paper Class: The Versatility of Gelatin Plates
- Coiled Basketry Dorothy Meredith pine needle basket maker Pine Needle Demo Take home a coiled cord basket Class: Traditional Pine Needle Basket with Findings
- Smart Phone Tips Alivia Davis smart phone and social media expert Ask any question and she can answer it! Classes: “Are You Dumber Than Your Smart Phone” ” Using Facebook and Instagram” ” Taking, Editing & Managing Photos
- Summer Camp Barbara Bayliss class previews See and do what your child will be doing at camp “Kids Kamp”
- Wire Jewelry Diana Winuk sterling silver necklace Demo and Hands on Class: Silver Wire Pendant on Sterling Chain
- Imagination 101 Patsy Johnson Refresher in playing with paint Class: find the joy – learning to paint like a child again
Class Expo Lunchoen
THIRD WEDNESDAY GROUP
Step-by Step- Painting Class. Produce one finished work in a 2 hour workshop. Register on form at the end of this page.
1) Are You Dumber Than Your Smart Phone?
- Alivia Davis, Instructor Gateway Arts Center’s Social Media Expert
- $25/2 Hours
- Experienced instructor packed the house for her last workshops
- Guaranteed you will love the hands on, no-nonsense approach
Facebook and Instagram Beginners 25.00/2 hours
Taking and Editing Smart Phone Photos 25.00/2 hours
2) Classic Photography- Architectural Landmarks Westminster
- Jim Bandy, Instructor Photographer for the City of Seneca Experienced and approachable. Dive in!
1) BYOB “Sip and Dip” Step by Step Painting [1 session]
- Workshop Regular $25 per person or Member $20 members per person
- 2-3 hours class duration- completed project at session end
- Palette & materials provided. You are welcome to bring your own supplies if you like
- PROJECTS CHANGE MONTHLY
2) Creativity 101 –Mixed Media [2 hour session]
- Patsy Johnson- $35.00 Painting for the fun of it.
- Materials provided- bring a hair dryer!
3) Step By Step Masters Project Painting [2-3 sessions]
- Beginners/ $65.00 per person – 1 completed work in style of the Masters
- Vincent Van Gogh- “Starry Night Over Oconee” (paint on board)
- Jackson Pollock- “Standing Room Only Drip Painting” (paint on canvas)
- Rene Matisse- “Simple Scissors” (cut paper design)
- Jean Miro- “Whimsical Worlds” (liquid water color, ink, marker)
4) Beginning Landscape Painting [oil or acrylic]
- Monica Leaning, Experienced Teacher and Adult Class Instructor
- Learn the Basics- choosing a subject; color mixing; tools and techniques
- On the way, find new ways to express yourself with the best!
5) Acrylic Painting Individual or Group Lessons
- Melody Davis- Instructor
- Basic to Intermediate Lessons
"A Long Way From Paris" acrylic on canvas Melody Davis
5) Oil Painting and Watercolor
- Basic to Intermediate Lessons
- Monica Leaning-Instructor
1) Draw I: In-Depth Lessons Groups or Individuals–
- Afternoons- Instructor Melody Davis
- pencil, graphite, charcoal, pen and ink
- $20.00 one hour- $35.00 two hours/ per person [members]
- Some supplies provided
- Begin from the ground up- learn structure and perspective
- Practice Sketching; Line; Shading; Tools and Techniques
- Years of anatomy, design and drawing expertise available to help you expand your artistic tools
2) Draw II – Complete Drawing Series
24 hours [2 hours each] $250.00 [members] Friday Mornings or Any Afternoon Register on form below
- Pencil, Graphite, Charcoal, Pen and Ink
- Line; Shading -Form and Depth and Texture; Space/Negative Space; Perspective; Fore Shortening
- Human Body-Gesture Drawing, Hands, Feet,The Face
Paper Making [under construction]
- Instructor Jim Bandy
- make papers for photography, collage or scrapbooking
Pine Needle Coiled Basketry [2- 2 hour workshops]
- Instructor, Dorothy Meredith $40.00
- All materials provided for one complete basket with findings over two separate sessions.
- Learn traditional coiling and stitching techniques
Fabric Dyeing Techniques [under construction]
- Instructor: Bonnie Ouellette
- One day workshop. Kits available
1) Upcycled Can Flowers under construction
- Instructor: Chanda Morrison
2) Hanging Succulent Gardens
- transform old shovels, dust pans, drawers or frames into wall garden
- bark, moss and decorative wood provided / frames available for purchase
REGISTRATION CONTACT FORM