“COPING WITH COVID- A Digital Exhibit ” Art in a Crisis.
See All Requirements Below
Entry Fee Coping With Covid
“COPING WITH COVID”- Art as Therapy During a Crisis
A Juried Digital Exhibit [May 30 – July 11, 2020]
Any Theme or Media.
- Up to 3 Entries for a Non-Refundable Fee of $35.00
- Work must be created or finished after February 2020
- AWARDS: First- $350 Second- $250 Third- $150 Plus- 4 Honorable Mentions Announced: JUNE 12
- JURY: A panel of 4 professional artists will choose finalists; A single Juror will choose Awards
- Viewer’s Choice Award: $150 Announced: JULY 11 Tell your friends and family to vote!
- ENTRIES and FEES DUE BY: MAY 30
- WORK WILL BE PUBLISHED ON: JUNE 6 on Coping Page @ gatewayartscenter.net
- Submit 2 images of 300 dpi or higher of each work. We can crop, straighten and size. You do not need a professional photographer -Smart phones can accomplish this very easily; Please choose ‘Actual Size’ when sending your images.
- PLEASE INCLUDE: Name, Title, Email, Phone, Address, Medium, Price.
- OPTION 1 – Fill Out Entry form on the website; Pay Fee; Submit Photos to email@example.com
- OPTION 2 – If you are uncomfortable with online payments, mail the fee. You can still use the online entry form and email your images
- OPTION 3: Mail the downloadable form, payment and a flash drive of images. Please contact us if you are using this method. [Include an addressed/stamped envelope for the return of your flash drive.]
- ANY artist may submit one photo of another activity that has given comfort during this time at no charge.
- If we do not exceed the required number of entries, your fee will be refunded.
‘DREAMS’ & ‘BLACK AND WHITE’
Postponed Until Next Year
All mediums accepted. Dreams, B/W or BOTH- Any subject related to the above topics.
Up to 4 entries – $30.00 members, $20.00 students, $35 others [non refundable fee]
‘SIDESHOW’ in the ABBOTT Gallery- Deb King- Mixed Media and Wendy Converse- Clay and Printmaking
AWARDS : 1st $250, 2nd $200, 3rd $100 and 4 honorable Mentions
Eligible for the 2020 winners show “Best” May 21-July 10, 2021*
Art Pick Up:
“CITY VS COUNTRY’ TBD
“SIDESHOW” in the ABBOTT GALLERY -Andy Barnett: wood artist and Carolyn Gibson: photographer
“ABSTRACTION vs REALISM”
July 31-Aug 24 [Mon.] TBD
- All mediums accepted. Abstract, Realistic or BOTH-Any subject related to the above topics
- Up to 4 entries: Members $30, Students $20, Others $35 [non refundable fee]
- Art Delivery Dates: July 24, 25 11 – 3pm Mon July 27 11-5pm
- “SIDESHOW in the ABBOTT GALLERY” -Diana Walter- Mixed Media Artist
Reception July 31, 2020 5:30
- Awards: $250 1st, $150 2nd and 4 Honorable Mentions
- Eligible for the 2020 Winners show “Best” May 21-July 10, 2021*
- Pick Up: MONDAY Aug 24 and 25 – Drop off for Juried when you pick up!
“2020 JURIED SHOW” Sept 4 – Oct 17, 2020
CLICK HERE FOR FORM Gateway 2020 Juried call for entry
- All mediums accepted -please read requirements below
- 2 Entries- $35 regular $20 students non-refundable fee
- ART DELIVERY: Aug 17-22 [ MON, TUES, THURS 11- 5 PM FRI & SAT 11-3 PM] MON. TUES- Aug 24-25 11-5 pm
- Shuttle Van will be available to pick up work at these locations on Saturday Aug 22: Blue Ridge Arts Center 11- 11:30 am Clemson Arts Center 12 – 12:30 pm Anderson Arts Center 1:30-2:00 pm Have forms/payments and art work wrapped for transport.
OPENING RECEPTION SEPT 4th 5:30 pm Award Announcements 6:30 pm
- Awards: 1st $750 2nd $300 & $150 each category: Drawing & Painting/ 3d/ Mixed Media/ Photography
- First Place winner eligible for 2020 Winners show”Best” May 21-July 10, 2021
- Digital Submissions– Submit your application/payment via email before Midnight Aug 25. Find payment button at page end
- UNACCEPTED Work Pick-up: At the Reception or Sept. 27 or Sept. 29 11 – 3 pm
- END OF SHOW Pick-up –includes opportunity for Members/Landscape Delivery:Oct. 16 & 17 11-3 pm and Mon/Tues Oct. 19 & 20 11-5 pm
- “SIDESHOW in the ABBOTT GALLERY”: MONICA LEANING- MULTIMEDIA ARTIST
REQUIREMENTS: In order for your work to be accepted into the competition, read the following carefully. work not in compliance will be removed from award eligibility: Work Must be-
- Two years old or less;
- Equipped to securely hang;
- Gallery wrapped canvas sides must be completely painted
- Presented in a professional manner.
- Other: 3D work over fifty pounds must be installed by the artist.
- Pieces over 5’ W or 8’H call 864-613-2211 in advance of delivery.
- Entry constitutes an agreement between the artist & Gateway Arts Center.
- All work will be handled as if it is our own however, Gateway is not responsible for accidental damages.
- We reserve the right to use photographs of artwork for promotional purposes
- Commissions: 30% Non-members/ 15% members.
- Awards will be posted 24 hours after jury completion.
- PLEASE REFER TO THE WEBSITE FOR JUROR SELECTION AND OTHER UPDATES
MEMBERS SHOW & Tribble Center Art
Nov 6-Dec 12 2020
CLICK HERE FOR FORM Members call for entry
- All mediums accepted and all work hangs
- 4 entries: $30 members, $20 students $35 others
- Free entries with new or renewed membership
- Delivery Dates: Oct. 16, 17 11-3pm Oct. 19, 20 11-5pm Oct. 26 11-5pm Oct. 30, 31 11-3pm
OPENING RECEPTION NOV 6 5:30 pm ANNOUNCEMENTS 6:15 pm
- Awards: 1st $250, 2nd $150 $50 Honorable Mentions
- Eligible for the Winners show “Best” in the gallery May 21-July 10, 2021
- “SIDEHOW in the ABBOTT GALLERY”- WARREN CARPENTER and the Seneca Photo Club
- Art Pick Up: December 11, 12 & 14 11-3pm
- Closed for Winter Break Dec 15 -Jan