PLEASE READ THESE REQUIREMENTS and the Individual Show Variances COMPLETELY
ENTRY into an exhibit constitutes an agreement between the artist and Gateway Arts Center.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all artists 16 or older. We accept only Original work in any medium not shown previously at Gateway. Entry fee is non-refundable. Two dimensional work should be properly framed and equipped to hang. Free hanging work such as Fiber must also be prepared to hang. There are limited size restrictions. Please make prior arrangements to for work larger than 8′. Three dimensional must be sit solidly on a flat surface and easily moved by 2 staff members. SALES: Entry cards marked NFS or left blank will be posted as Not for Sale. Gateway sales commission is 30% for non-members and 15% for members. LIABILITY: Gateway will handle work with care but will not be responsible for loss or damage. We reserve the right to photograph work for promotional purposes. All work must remain until the published end date. Any work left one month from any show end date becomes property of Gateway Arts Center. Receipt of entry constitutes an agreement by the artist with the conditions listed here.
THIRD ANNUAL JURIED Show: FIRE-EARTH-AIR-WATER
ANY MEDIA WELCOME
August 30, 2019 – October 11, 2019 Reception & Awards: August 30th 6:00- 8:30
Private invitation only preview: 5:00 – 6:00
$1,500 first place $750 second place $325 third place
Plus Merits Categories –
- Painting [oil, watercolor, alcohol inks and acrylic]
- Drawing [pastel, charcoal and pencil]
- Fiber [wood, weaving, quilting, basketry]
- 3D other [metal, mosaic, ceramic, glass, jewelry]
- 2D other [printmaking, mixed media, assembly and collage]
In order for your work to be accepted into the competition, read the following carefully. Any work not in compliance will be removed from the jury process.
- All work must be produced in the last two years. Any work known to be older by any of our competition artist Board Members WILL be immediately removed before judging.
- Hanging Equipment is REQUIRED- items not equipped will be rejected
- Gallery wrapped canvas sides must be completely painted- no exceptions
- All other 2D work must be presented in clean and professional manner.
- 3D work over fifty pounds must be installed by the artist.
- Special hanging requirements such as overly large pieces or installations must be discussed in advance in order to provided enough space for all accepted artists
Tues-Thur Aug 13-15 10 am to 5 pm & Sat and Sun Aug 16-17 10 am -3 pm
Tues-Thur Aug 20-23 10 am to 5 pm
Digital Submissions/Payment Due by Midnight Aug 23- Please include a photo of the hanging apparatus.
Jury will take place the following day. Our Juror this year : Michael Broduer Professor @ Furman University
Rejected work pick up: Tues Aug 27- Thur Aug 30 and Sat Aug 31 There will not be a Salon this year however some work may be selected by the Board to hang in the classroom area at the artists discretion,
ENTRY FORM CLICK HERE—-Gateway juried 2019call for entry
Digital Entries /Juried Show August 30