“YELITZA DIAZ & ALDO MUZZARELLI –A DIVINE PARTNERSHIP”
Dear Artists, Directors and Art Lovers!
Gateway Arts Center presents the first show of its kind in Oconee County:
Two Stellar International Artists,
Yelitza Diaz and Aldo Muzzarelli
This multi-talented husband & wife team joins forces to create an
exquisite collection of powerful images & installations,
that you will not soon forget.
Enjoy the Additional Complement of the fine, complex works of
accomplished local artist Joy Kuby in our Focus Gallery.
Meet Joy, Yelitza & Aldo in person at the reception!
Opening Celebration – April 1st @ 5:30 pm – until.
Hors d’Oeuvres, Champagne and Beverages Served.
Gateway Arts Center
213 E. Windsor Street
Westminster, SC 29693
‘JURIED SUMMER SHOW’
MAY 13 – JUNE 17, 2022
- Pieces less than 3 Years Old that have not been previously shown at Gateway
- Juror: Cecile Martin
- Awards: $500 Best in Show and $300 for the each of the following categories- Abstracted, Representational, Atmospheric [mood, impression, spirit], Earthly [material, physical, straight-forward]
SUMMER CAMP JULY 11- AUGUST 13
- $85 per week
- 9am -12pm
- Special needs experienced
- WEEK 1 June 13-17 Ages 5-13
- WEEK 2 June 20-24 Ages 5-13
- WEEK 3 June 27-July 1 Ages 5-13
- WEEK 4 July 11-15 *Ages 11-up* FABULOUS FIBER- batik, macramé, tie-dye, paper making
- WEEK 5 July 18- 22 *Ages 11-up* PAINTING/COLLAGE – watercolor and acrylic
“HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES”
[AUGUST 26- SEPTEMBER 30, 2022]
- Anything apple. Go totally abstract or stay traditional like mom’s apple pie and baseball. Visit an orchard, paint a still life or take shots of the Big Apple. Surprise everyone with your creativity!
- ALL mediums encouraged as we unite with the City and the South Carolina Apple Festival.
- Members are welcome to make items $25 or less for sale as souvenirs. Kids items are popular.[No Commission]
- Sideshow: Currahee Artist Guild [Toccoa GA] consists of 50 members, 40 being competition artists, has been invited to show work and promote the organization.
GENERAL GATEWAY ARTS CENTER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Art work must be created within the last 3 years [unless otherwise noted] and cannot be previously shown here. You will be ineligible for awards if your work appears in our records or photo gallery.
- For best presentation: clean and touch up before delivery.
- There are few size restrictions & installations are welcome- HOWEVER any piece that requires hanging from the ceiling or is over 8′ must be confirmed in advance.
- 2D : To avoid marring the back of your work, please HAND INSTALL eyehooks or fasteners on each side. Factory made hangers, especially Sawtooth’s, do not hang straight. Avoid the 1/3 rule as these pieces fall forward, swing and are difficult to stabilize requiring staples or tape application during hanging. Apply or adjust hangers 3″or 4″ from the top.
- 3D work should be 50lbs or under, unless you are available on the hanging date and sit solidly on a flat surface for normal display. Ceiling hanging, heavier or unwieldy pieces may require your help to install. We cannot place the piece during drop off.
- Work must remain for the duration of the show.
- Arrangements can be made for early submissions or late pick up. SPACE MAY BE LIMITED.
- Contact Us: email@example.com